cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Campus Network with 4 core Switches and 2 Distribution Switches.

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tech Guys,

We have requirment to use 4 Core switches and 2 Distribtuion switches in a campus network . anyboday know about this type of deployment in large enterprise. Pleae share any article or document related to this type of implementation.

i didnt find in Cisco documentions. 

thanks. 

5 Replies 5

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Mohammad,

we are  planning to established a campus network, Client has mentioned 4 Core switches and 2 distributes switches, 

I am confused with the requriment of 4 Core Switches, I didnt see the topology where we can use the 4 core switches with the 2 Distribution switches. I am talking about cisco recommended implementation. i want to know in which campus network we can implement 4 core switches and 2 Distribution switches. 

It does sound weird 4 Cores and 2 Distribution switches.  It is possible that they have multiple buildings, so something like this:

(Scroll down to multiple buildings)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/campover.html#wp708831

But that scenario should require more than just 2 Distribution switches at least 4 2 for each location at minimum.  Have you discussed this with the customer and gathered any information such as review their existing design and what they are trying to accomplish etc?

There no document clearly give you picture for you for the 4 switches connected as Core, the one showed exactly similar other side of 2 core switches. how you connect distribution to 4 switches what fail over scenario you looking for redundancy ?

you need to make small HLD what you understand from that design and ask for suggestion so we can help you based on base requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco