cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Home Router

VicWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a router for my house. Right now i have a Juniper SRX300. Does cisco have something with around the same specs? I have started down the ccna/ccnp route and just want my home network to be Cisco.

9 Replies 9

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why not use EVE-NG / GNS3?
These programs can give you more maneuvering space, more real-world scenarios, and you can connect multiple nodes(routers/switches) simultaneously.

Hello,

the 8300 series has similar specs (SD-WAN/Cloud), and throughput is much higher for pretty much everything. It only has 6 1x GigabitEthernet ports though (the SRX3000 has 8 I think)...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8300-series-edge-platforms/datasheet-c78-744088.html?oid=dstetr023050

That is a beast of a router for home use. lol. Ill have to wait a few years till those come down a few thousand. The juniper srx300 is $300 on amazon. I figured ill come up to $600 for a decent cisco router with cli for home use.  

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the budget set aside to purchase this router?

@Leo Laohoo Very good point. The Juniper SRX300 costs I think around 600 dollars, while the 8300 a few thousand dollars at least...which sounds overkill for a 'home' router.

about $600.

@VicWilliams wrote:

about $600.

Ok, so that completely rules out brand new units and also rules out the cheapest model, the 900-series router. 

Next question, how big is your home internet speed/

Hello

review meraki mx -here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

g.dieid162
Level 1
Level 1

You could work around this with the aid of putting the modern-day available software package deal on a web server accessible by the device you're approximately to improve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card