cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Home Router

VicWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a router for my house. Right now i have a Juniper SRX300. Does cisco have something with around the same specs? I have started down the ccna/ccnp route and just want my home network to be Cisco.

9 Replies 9

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Why not use EVE-NG / GNS3?
These programs can give you more maneuvering space, more real-world scenarios, and you can connect multiple nodes(routers/switches) simultaneously.

Hello,

the 8300 series has similar specs (SD-WAN/Cloud), and throughput is much higher for pretty much everything. It only has 6 1x GigabitEthernet ports though (the SRX3000 has 8 I think)...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8300-series-edge-platforms/datasheet-c78-744088.html?oid=dstetr023050

That is a beast of a router for home use. lol. Ill have to wait a few years till those come down a few thousand. The juniper srx300 is $300 on amazon. I figured ill come up to $600 for a decent cisco router with cli for home use.  

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the budget set aside to purchase this router?

@Leo Laohoo Very good point. The Juniper SRX300 costs I think around 600 dollars, while the 8300 a few thousand dollars at least...which sounds overkill for a 'home' router.

about $600.

@VicWilliams wrote:

about $600.

Ok, so that completely rules out brand new units and also rules out the cheapest model, the 900-series router. 

Next question, how big is your home internet speed/

Hello

review meraki mx -here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

g.dieid162
Level 1
Level 1

You could work around this with the aid of putting the modern-day available software package deal on a web server accessible by the device you're approximately to improve.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card