cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer: Pinging from PC, through two routers, and to another PC

DZSai
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently trying to figure out why I can't ping a computer from one side of my test network to another. So far I can ping between my PC and the two routers, but pinging from PC to opposite side PC is not functioning as attended. I'm not sure if it's a router issue, a switching issue, or a PC issue. Any help in understanding why it doesn't work and solutions to the problem are appreciated. Said test network has been attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @DZSai ,

Effectively, there is a routing problem in your topology.
You were occupying only 2 network addresses, since you needed 3.
I have created the network 192.158.32.0 255.255.240.0 and I have assigned it to the interfaces that connect both router.

Then I made the necessary changes in the RIP settings.

I commented that in the RIP configurations it is also necessary the commands  no auto-summary and version 2
I have also corrected this in the file that I attached (packetTracert v7.2.1).

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @DZSai ,

Effectively, there is a routing problem in your topology.
You were occupying only 2 network addresses, since you needed 3.
I have created the network 192.158.32.0 255.255.240.0 and I have assigned it to the interfaces that connect both router.

Then I made the necessary changes in the RIP settings.

I commented that in the RIP configurations it is also necessary the commands  no auto-summary and version 2
I have also corrected this in the file that I attached (packetTracert v7.2.1).

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

Huh, I remember hearing about that I while ago, gonna need to remember that for future networks. Thanks for the big help. By the way, what version of Cisco Packet Tracer are you running? I tried running the .pkt file and there's an invalid file: compatibility issue.

Wait, nevermind about the version, I just reread the post. Guess I skimmed through it too fast.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card