cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer: Pinging from PC, through two routers, and to another PC

DZSai
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently trying to figure out why I can't ping a computer from one side of my test network to another. So far I can ping between my PC and the two routers, but pinging from PC to opposite side PC is not functioning as attended. I'm not sure if it's a router issue, a switching issue, or a PC issue. Any help in understanding why it doesn't work and solutions to the problem are appreciated. Said test network has been attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @DZSai ,

Effectively, there is a routing problem in your topology.
You were occupying only 2 network addresses, since you needed 3.
I have created the network 192.158.32.0 255.255.240.0 and I have assigned it to the interfaces that connect both router.

Then I made the necessary changes in the RIP settings.

I commented that in the RIP configurations it is also necessary the commands  no auto-summary and version 2
I have also corrected this in the file that I attached (packetTracert v7.2.1).

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @DZSai ,

Effectively, there is a routing problem in your topology.
You were occupying only 2 network addresses, since you needed 3.
I have created the network 192.158.32.0 255.255.240.0 and I have assigned it to the interfaces that connect both router.

Then I made the necessary changes in the RIP settings.

I commented that in the RIP configurations it is also necessary the commands  no auto-summary and version 2
I have also corrected this in the file that I attached (packetTracert v7.2.1).

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

Huh, I remember hearing about that I while ago, gonna need to remember that for future networks. Thanks for the big help. By the way, what version of Cisco Packet Tracer are you running? I tried running the .pkt file and there's an invalid file: compatibility issue.

Wait, nevermind about the version, I just reread the post. Guess I skimmed through it too fast.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: