Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Route Exam Expiring 642-902

Ron Timbang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm schedule to take the route exam early next year. But I receive an email from pearson that the exam is expiring. Please see email below. I'm a little bit confused , can someone clarify the details below..

Dear Cisco Candidate,

We are contacting you to inform you that Cisco is retiring exam 642-902 - Implementing Cisco IP Routing onJanuary 31, 2015. Our records indicate that you are currently scheduled for this exam after the retirement date. You will need to reschedule this exam either on or before January 31, 2015. If you are not able to reschedule this exam before the retirement date, you may cancel the exam and reschedule the replacement exam 300-101 (TShoot). 

Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/cisco to reschedule/cancel your exam appointment.

Thank you,

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Cisco upgrade every exams periodically. the exam 642 - 902, which u have scheduled after  January 31, 2015 will change entirely and its code also. so they are warned you. please reschedule it before 31/1/2015 or cancel it. After this date its not valid .

HTH

kazim

Thanks Kazim.  What does dis mean - " cancel the exam and reschedule the replacement exam 300-101 (TShoot). " ? What is a replacement exam? On my understanding about Tshoot exam, it's better to take Route & Switch first. 

Do I need to accomplish 3 exams for CCNP before January 31, 2015? 

Thanks..

yes it means Tshoot exam(with new code), it depends on you which u like to take first tshoot or route.

Do I need to accomplish 3 exams for CCNP before January 31, 2015?

you should ask this question to pearsonvue, they will answer you within 5 working days.

The email you have received reply it as soon as possible.

"Please rate and select correct answer, if post helpful"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: