Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RSP4+ (R5000) traceback logs

oscar.garcia88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I have faced a traceback logs , do you know what does that mean?

Regards.

13 Replies 13

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per the error may be some of the below conditions :

The above tracebacks can be seen while doing any of the follwing events

-OIR Insertion/Removal

- microcode reload

- cbus-complex

- HA switchover

Do you see any issues or just log clarification, if you have issue, please contact TAC

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your comments,

Do you have any recomnmendation for this or there is a documented bug related to this?

Regards.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "sh version".  

IMPORTANT: 

• Do not post screenshots. 
  • Remove the hostname only.  Leave everything else alone.

Traceback is always an indication of a software issue, and not of any hardware issue. I believe that @Leo Laohoo is on the right track in asking for show version. Knowing the version of software that you are running could help identify whether there are known issues in that version (and perhaps whether a software upgrade might help). And I believe that @balaji.bandi is on the right track in suggesting that you contact Cisco TAC (assuming that you have the rights to open cases with TAC). TAC has capabilities to evaluate traceback details that we do not have.

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your comments.

Is there any recommended version for this device? Is the version deprecated?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @oscar.garcia88 ,

as far as I remember RSP4 was the routing engine of well known Cisco 7500. You say you have an R5000.

From the log messages I would say there is an issue in communication between the master RSP4+ and the slave ( secondary) .

I would suggest in a maintenance window to have someone on field to remove and then re-insert the secondary slave RSP4+ to see if this fixes the  problem or the linecard dies.

if this is really old hardware it is likely in End of Support and there is no option to open a TAC service request.

if it is not old hardware, you should open a case with TAC.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your comments, I see a high cpu process also, any recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @oscar.garcia88 ,

as I have guessed this is a Cisco 7507 and it is clearly in End of Support .

I had been working on it for years from 1999 to 2006, there is little you can do just trying to extract and insert again the slave RSP4+.

for the cpu issues

show processes cpu sorted 1min | exclude 0.0

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Do you think to reinsert the slave RSP4+ helps to normalize the process of the cpu?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @oscar.garcia88 ,

>>

CPU utilization for five seconds: 8%/4%; one minute: 9%; five minutes: 9%

PID Runtime(ms) Invoked uSecs 5Sec 1Min 5Min TTY Process

63 3033518968-504677177 0 2.39% 1.77% 1.75% 0 IP Input

Check if you have CEF enabled on the device, however it is is still a software based router.

You have 4% used by I/O interrupts 5 seconds total CPU usage at 8 % and 1min and 5 min at 9%.

It can be normal or not.

You have two channelized 8 X E1/T1 port adapters and two Fast Ethernet adapters.

The first ones are probably the reason for keeping the device up and running but depending on their configuration can cause usage of CPU.

Are you using whole E1 or you use timeslots ?

Removing and re-inserting the slave RSP would be for the log messages about lost communication with slave RSP4+ that were present in your original post not directly related to CPU usage on master RSP4+.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card