Replies

Cisco RV320 setup vlans for guests and company

gitservice
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco RV320, Product ID: RV320-K9-G5

In my company I need 2 networks, trying to setup new vlan for guest wifi

vlan1 - there are all company's computers and servers, DHCP 192.168.1.1

vlan25 - there will be only guests from wifi, without access to vlan1, access only to Internet, DHCP 192.168.2.1

I have created vlan25 but all devices in router's port2 where is vlan25 are now isolated from Internet inc AccessPoints (APs should get IP from DHCP on router)

How to allow internet on vlan25 inc DHCP from router and keep vlan25 isolated from vlan1?

vlans.png

vlan25.png

4 Replies 4

Hello,

have you set up NAT for the new Vlan (25) ?

not sure how to setup in Cisco RV320

can you advice?

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree that configuring address translation is an important part of getting Internet access for vlan 25. But I think the bigger challenge may be to establish separation of vlan 1 and vlan 25 such that both have access to Internet but not have access to each other. I do not have experience with RV320 and so am not sure how this would work. I note in the screen shots in the original post that inter vlan routing is not enabled for either vlan. Is that enough to establish separation or do we need something else? On IOS routers I might look to using VRFs as a way to separate the vlans but do not know if RV320 has this capability. Or perhaps the solution is some access list that denies communication between 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 and permits all other communication.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card