Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SF300 bandwith limiting based on IP address

bzahalka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to limit the bandwith on my SF300 switch based on IP address. The situation is that I have to limit the speed for the whole network overall, not on a single port. What I would like to achieve is that the communication between one of my server and the client computers on my another premises be limited to a few mbits and let the rest be used for other network communications. They are on the same VLAN, the only way I can identify this network traffic is IP based.

What I have found out so far is that I have to use the advanced QOS settings, but I could not reach my goal. When I set limits, the whole network traffic is limited, not just the communication between my server and the client computer. I was following the steps in this article: 

qos advanced ports-trusted 
ip access-list extended teszt
permit ip 10.12.1.117 0.0.0.0 any ace-priority 1 log-input
exit
ip access-list extended minden
permit ip any any ace-priority 2
exit
priority-queue out num-of-queues 2
class-map teszt match-any
match access-group teszt
exit
class-map minden match-any
match access-group minden
exit
policy-map pol1
class teszt
set queue 1
police 100 3000 exceed-action drop
exit
class minden
set queue 2
exit
exit
wrr-queue bandwidth 1 99 
qos statistics queues 1 1 all fastethernet4

ace_minden.pngace_teszt.pngacl.pngbindings.pngclassmapping.pngpolicy.pngpolicyclassmaps.pngqos.pngqosglobal.pngqueue.png

With these settings the speed is not limited at all. If I set the "Egress Shaping Per Queue" for the port I test, it limits all the traffic, not just for my selected IP address.

My firmware is the latest version 1.4.11.5.

Please help me which settings should I change to reach my goal?

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card