cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAAS Cntral Manager Upgrade - WAE 612 to WAVE 594

ryan3kip
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to enquire on the upgrade procedure for changing the WAAA CM running in HA from WAE 612 to WAVE 594. This is my understanding of the procedure:

1. Downgrade the new WAVE 594 WAAS manager at DR to version 4.4.7 to allow us to form a High Availability cluster with the existing WAE 612 Manager. Decommission the DR WAE 612 with the new WAVE 594 taking it place in the HA.
  2. Promote the WAVE 594 in the DR to be the primary WAAS manager. 
  3. Disable CMS on the WAE 612 device at the Primary Site
  4. Upgrade WAVE 594 in DR from version 4.4.7 to 5.5. 
  5. Decommission the secondary WAE 612 manager in Primary and implement the new WAVE 594 joining it in a cluster with DR primary WAVE 594. 

Is this correct?

1 Reply 1

hamza.tebib
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

I had to upgrade as well or dealing with that process just recently. The steps you listed above are the Cisco recommended steps but for some reason it didn't work for me.

We upgraded from 5.3.x to 6.2.x. promote / démodé one CM from Prim to Stand also didn't work. configuration wise it worked but we wasn't able to verify the validity of the DB.

We had to rush all the upgrade and we took longer downtown to get everything going at once.

Primary upgrade from 5.3.x > 5.5.x > 6.2.x this was the mandatory path of upgrade.

we done both at the same time. no general outage caused by that. meaning all the field WAE was doing fine for them self with out CM for about an hour.

End result success.

Note we have to back up the database manually since we had trouble to pass it alone to the standby at that time and than pool it back as Cisco docs suggest. it just didn't work for us for some reason.

Best,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card