cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client not getting internet

Sadam
Level 1
Level 1

Core sw is able to communicate the ISP sw but our client pc's not able to communicate.

when i try to ping 8.8.8.8 in core sw is get reply, client pc get no reply.

6 Replies 6

Hi

Have you included the client network into the NAT? Could you please share your topology or how they are connected, I assume a firewall or router is making the NAT, is that correct?

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

My network had 3 Vlan data,Voice,CCTV. There’s no firewall is available. L3 switch have NAT between the ISP. All the system are able to communicate the each Vlan gateway but different Vlan client unable to communicate. Also same Core ISP Vlan gateway

It is difficult to guess what is wrong with your topology and/or config. That is why Julio asked for it.

Can you tell us what platform you are using as your core switch and post the config?

HTH

Hi Saddam,

The most of the switches are not able to run NAT unless you have a robust switch like 6500/6800 or 9K switches otherwise you will need a router or firewall between the switch and ISP. 

If you have L3 switch the command: Ip routing, will enable the intervlan routing, also you can verify if the SVI's (interface vlan) are UP.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

NAT and IPRouting also configured but something went wrong. Here i have attached my sw config details pls check.

Hi

Although the Cisco 3850 accept the NAT command lines it will not work, Cisco 3850 does not support NAT it can be done on Routers, Firewalls or Switches like 6500, 6800 or 9000 only.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/lan-switching-and-routing/3850-nat/td-p/2479841

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card