Views
Helpful
Replies

Clocking and unchannelized T1

m.baker2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We got 4 x2600 routers with VWIC-2MFT-T1 all connected in a loop topology as below ;

R1--------R2

! !

! !

R3---------R4

The circuits between the routers are Unchannelized point to point T1. Our carrier says that since this is an unchannelized T1 and not going through DACS, they do not provide us with a clock and that we cannot set our T1 controller with clock source line. Does that make sense ?

SHould I set all the T1 controllers to "clock source line", or some of them to clock source internal and other to line ? I also notice there is a no network-clock-participate command on the router. Is that command used at all if I do not use the router for ATM or for any Voice DSP...?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

On p-t-p circuits, carriers mostly don't provide clock. You need to set the clock source to internal on end and line on the other end of the p-t-p link.

Check out the following link regarding the network-clock-particpate command on VWIC-2MFT-T1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Configurations

HTH,

Sundar

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card