cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clocking Multiple T1s and a PRI on single router

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

I've never mixed data T1s and PRIs on the same WIC card before. My setup is this: 2 VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 cards. On Card 1, I will have 1 PRI and 1 Point-to-Point data T-1. The second VWIC will have 2 T-1s in a Bonded MLPPP MPLS circuit. All cards are in the motherboard WIC slots. The PRI gets clock source from the line and the MPLS Circuits if they were by themselves would be set to that as well. The PTP circuit can be configured either line or internal if need be. The provider doesn't clock the circuit and I have control of the other end.

Please advise the best way to set this up. Clock source indepedent was brought up but doesn't seem like it will work based on my attempt to configure it already.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should have no problem with this. The fact you can set you own clock for at least one circuit also helps.

Then even in the worst case where the data circuits take some slips, no problem will occou.r as data unlike fax/modem is tolerant to slips.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card