Views
Helpful
Replies

community - additive and remove ?

mac_mac_net83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

When setting community values under a route-map (set extcommunity xxxx) with the "additive" keyword, this prevents the new entry to overwrite the existing entries. 

However, is there such similar commands where you want to remove a particular community under the route-map without affecting the other existing communities values. I was hoping there could be similar to " switchport trunk allowed vlan remove x" on the switches. 

I tried to remove one entry using " no setextcommunity" and it just removes all other entries.

Mac

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello  Mac,

you should use a standard extcommunity-list to specify the extended community that you want to delete

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/techdoc/dc/reference/cli/nxos/commands/bgp/ip-extcommunity-list.html

ip extcommunity-list standard TEST permit RT:100:100

! note I am note sure you can match using the RT prefix otherwise use only numerical values

Then inside the route-map you should use

set extcommunity TEST delete

The idea is the same as for standard community list as explained in the other post in this thread

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

trfinkenstadt
Level 1
Level 1

hi, mac,

you can possibly try something like this:

ip community-list expanded remove permit 65000:10000
!
route-map remove permit 10
set comm-list remove delete

--tim

HI Tim,

Thanks for your comments.

I am referring to communitly list under a route-map.

Example as below:

route-map abcd permit 10
match ip address prefix-list xxxx
set extcommunity 12345:1111 12345:2222 12345:3333 additive

I only want to remove 12345:3333.

When I do the below commands:

route-map abcd permit 10
no set extcommunity 12345:3333

It will basically remove all the other entries as well. So sometimes, I need to reapply the whole list.

Mac

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello  Mac,

you should use a standard extcommunity-list to specify the extended community that you want to delete

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/techdoc/dc/reference/cli/nxos/commands/bgp/ip-extcommunity-list.html

ip extcommunity-list standard TEST permit RT:100:100

! note I am note sure you can match using the RT prefix otherwise use only numerical values

Then inside the route-map you should use

set extcommunity TEST delete

The idea is the same as for standard community list as explained in the other post in this thread

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: