Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

computer in switch cannot ping laptop in wireless router

I have a topology in which computers and laptops should be able to ping each other. Only the laptop could ping the computers but the computers cannot ping a laptop. What do you think I can do to make the computer ping the laptop successfully? I have added the pkt as an attachment. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Are there Firewall settings on the Laptops? can you ping the laptops from the wifi router?

no firewall settings. yes i can ping the laptop from the wifi router (where the laptops are connected).

I just noticed that the wired router, where the switch and the wifi router are connected, cannot ping a laptop connected to the wifi router. but the laptop can ping the wired router.

Hello

Does the laptop have a default gateway?

when pinging from the wired router try sourcing the ping from the interface connecting to the wifi router. 

Also so try a trace from the router towards the laptop with and without specifying a source address

Can you post the router  route and arp table- and the laptop IP settings

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card