cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuration of NIM-ES2-4

lam32123
Level 1
Level 1

I'm VERY much a beginner !  Is there some magic ip address to use for interface vlan ????  I want is to configure gigabitethernet0/1/0 as a port connected to an unmanaged switch for PC, printer, NAS, etc !  The addresses should be assigned by dhcp pool and default-router 172.16.1.30 !

What I've tried is random ip address for vlan 5 ----- interface gig0/1/0 will NOT accept ip address with dhcp pool ----- gig0/1/0 will accept switchport access vlan 5 and switchport mode access !  My PC does not get valid ip address !  Other than, NO experience, what am I missing?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this guide can help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/NIM/software/configuration/guide/4_8PortGENIM.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

YES, I have that configuration guide ----- I reset the router to factory setting and started over again !!!!  I have programmed a WAN on gig0/0/0, a dhcp pool, and a LAN on gig0/0/1.  Looking at the configuration guide:  page 3)  step 2) I enter interface vlan 1 because it is the router default vlan and media type is already ethernet.  step 3) I tried to enter ip address 172.16.1.30 255.255.255.0 -----that address is the default-router for the dhcp pool and I used it to config gig0/0/1 so it creates a conflict.  I'm a beginner and find all of this VERY frustrating.  Can't a dhcp pool be used on more that one router port ????  I sure hope so ---------

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card