Views
Helpful
Replies

configure 1841

sareeshmnair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to networking field.I have a cisco 1841 router in my office. The two fast ethernet ports are configured as WAN and LAN and it is working fine. Static NAT's are also working fine. Now i am planning to change the WAN connection from the fe0 port to additionally added serial port. What changes needed to configure the serial port ??. should i change any configuration of NAT ??.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you'll need to put the ip nat outside on the newest serial port then delete it from the f0 port, also if you are usong NAT overload with the interface( ip nat inside source list 1 interface f0 overload) you'll have to delete this and recreate with the serial interface.Same if your static NAT statements were using the interface.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you'll need to put the ip nat outside on the newest serial port then delete it from the f0 port, also if you are usong NAT overload with the interface( ip nat inside source list 1 interface f0 overload) you'll have to delete this and recreate with the serial interface.Same if your static NAT statements were using the interface.

Regards

Alain

Thank you cadet alain for the quick reply.

Is there any special setting for serial interface other than from f0 ( for WAN router to router communication )??.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card