Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure APN

MartinAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get my static IP from AT&T (that we already bought) onto my router (IR829) but when I configure the cellular 1/0 interface, it will not pull in this static IP. I tried both manually setting it to the static IP, but that doesn't allow a connection, and auto negotiation, but I get a different IP. I believe the issue is that the APN name isn't configured properly but I can't find out how to change the APN name anywhere. Does anyone know where in the configuration, I can check the APN name and possibly change it? 

Here's my config fyi:

interface Cellular1/0
ip address negotiated
ip virtual-reassembly in
encapsulation slip
ip tcp adjust-mss 1390
dialer in-band
dialer idle-timeout 0
dialer string lte
dialer-group 1
ipv6 address autoconfig
ipv6 enable
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is usually set from the ISP however if you want to change it you should be able to within the cellular profile of the rtr

Profile ID APN xxx

review here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you checked with Service provider about the static IP assignment for your connection ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

This is usually set from the ISP however if you want to change it you should be able to within the cellular profile of the rtr

Profile ID APN xxx

review here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

MartinAM
Level 1
Level 1

It originally was pulling from the ISP but after it powered off and on, it never pulled the APN again so manually doing it was my only option. Thank you everyone!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card