cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect VIRL topology to physcial network?

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

I am posting this on here as the VIRL or learning board help or support is not all that great.

I am not a server/virtual guy and just have very basic knowledge as I continue to study. I need reachability between my physcial PC/external home network, etc. to my VIRL topologies. 

I added a FLAT-1 switch or whatever it is trying to follow doc below, I try and give it IP is states and all that, configure connecting router and point DG to the interface connecting to FLAT-1, no dice. I don't really understand how you connect VMs, CSR1000v, etc to VSwitches inside my VMWare ESXI 2016 and all that. Can anyone help? 

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks at this document hope this helps you.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30508

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Awesome! I can keep you posted if I run into trouble. Right now I am using a ASA5505 instead of switch for my PC connectivity to my server hosting ESXi/VIRL. I have build version 3617585 and not what is on doc but hopefully I can still figure it out.

no problem let us know how it goes!

BB

I'm stuck. Its probably something simple but can't figure it out. So I use the Flat-1 device in VIRL to try and connect my topology to my outside physical environment. Happen to know what settings I can check? I have attached screenshots to help display how my VIRL, Dell r610 (using VMWare ESXI Build 3617585 which is not on PDF), and ASA/physical environment my server connects to. Trying to learn more about Vswitches, port-groups, etc. at the very least.

your FLAT 1 network you configured as 4095 VLAN ? do you same VLAN where this Esxi connected?

BB

Do you mean the VLAN for the ASA5505 port that is patched to the Dell R610?
I have attached topology of physical lab as well as screen shot of the Host in VMWare. How can I check?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card