cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deactivate nim card on c4331

tommar
Level 1
Level 1

hi, can i stop those out of service modules from appearing ..alarming due traps sent to my monitoring system?

blah#show platfo
Chassis type: ISR4331/K9

Slot Type State Insert time (ago)
--------- ------------------- --------------------- -----------------

0/1 NIM-ES2-4 out of service 00:12:22
0/2 NIM-ES2-4 out of service 5d02h

blah#hw-module subslot 0/1 stop force
%Command cannot be executed. Card in subslot 0/1 is already stopped (operational status = out of service)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thanks, you made me try rebooting the modules as maint mode doesnt work for a card in out of service. while in rebooting i stopped them forcibly. that sent a good trap to my nms, alarm cleared. see after the rotuer reboot if modules get ok. 

thanks again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

maybe it's related to the next bug:

Symptom: NIM-1T/2T/4T module fails to boot.

show hw-module subslot all oir

CLI output always shows the module as "booting" or the router puts the module in "out-of-service" state.

Conditions: Following are the steps by which the problem was reported: 1. Insert a NIM-1T/2T/4T card in the router - faulty card that is not booting 2. After the module has been identified as not booting or put in out of service state, replace the module with another module of the same type (that was working previously). 3. After the new module is replaced, the new module also was reported to fail to boot.

Workaround: Reload the system (after insertion of new module) Further Problem Description:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo99866

reload needs to be tried. thanks

Is it sdwan mode?  did you try put 'maintenance" instead stop.

Usually disable snmp traps is not specific enough and can be a problem cause you dont want to stop others services from sending traps.

Maybe, a better option is dig on the NMS side and ignore/supress the alarms.

thanks, you made me try rebooting the modules as maint mode doesnt work for a card in out of service. while in rebooting i stopped them forcibly. that sent a good trap to my nms, alarm cleared. see after the rotuer reboot if modules get ok. 

thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card