Views
Helpful
Replies

Define router model for my case

J0hannesR
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone,

I need your expertise - I create a new industrial network for our customer.

We need a router with VPN feature ( router <--> client computer ) and DHCP Server. This router manages 3 differentes IP ranges (machines networks) and is connected on another network (factory network). 4 ports are necessary in our case.

Several switches (SB SG350-10) distribute each network.

We are interested about 800 serie but we need to be sure that external with VPN is possible easily (client software or web client).

schema:

Router    <--------------- VPN --------------->  remote site

|            |

switch   switch

|            |

switch   switch   

Thanks

J0hannesR

---------------------
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check the datasheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/887-integrated-services-router-isr/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

...each model comes with a different default license. If you have one of the models with the 'Advanced Security' license you will be able to create up to 20 IPsec tunnels.

Cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

All of the 800-series routers support SSL webvpn. Keep I mind that you need to have the Advanced Security license installed and then an additional SSLVPN license per 10 concurrent connections.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hi @Seb Rupik,

Thanks for your answer, it's complete and i understand all :D

I have another question : Do 800-series routers allow to create VPNs IPSec without license ?

Cheers,

J0hannesR

---------------------

Check the datasheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/887-integrated-services-router-isr/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

...each model comes with a different default license. If you have one of the models with the 'Advanced Security' license you will be able to create up to 20 IPsec tunnels.

Cheers,

Seb.

Thank you so much.

---------------------
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card