Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP does not assign addresses to some PC'S

blanks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I have my network in Packet Tracer and for some reason some of my PC's dont get an IP address from DHCP server and the ports on the switch to which those PC'S are connected go down after trying to obtain an address via DHCP. I don't know what is the reason for this and I will be thankful for any help.

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @blanks 

Do you try to configure static IP on these PCs and check the connectivity? Do the port go down also?

If the switch ports go down after the PCs try to obtain an address via DHCP, it may indicate a connectivity issue or a configuration problem with the switch port:

- Check the switch port configuration: Verify that the switch port to which the affected PCs are connected is properly configured for the correct VLAN, spanning-tree protocol, port speed and duplex settings. Ensure that the port is not blocked by spanning tree or any other security features.

- Check the switch logs: Check the switch logs for any error messages or warnings related to the affected switch ports. The logs may provide more details about the cause of the issue.

- Check the IP address pool: Ensure that the IP address pool on the DHCP server is not exhausted. If the pool is exhausted, it may not be able to assign IP addresses to new devices.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

EdgarMurray8920
Level 1
Level 1

Please post the configuration

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card