Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling and/or removing a TCL (EEM?) startup script

davidvelar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 2811 router which has some script running at boot up. I've cleared the Flash and the NVRAM and it still comes up. I've even used two different Flash chips. The router even goes to the initial startup-config setup, but this script will run nevertheless.

I think it is in the "System:" directory on the router's internal ROM, but I am not sure. I wen't into those files (did not delete) and found many which led me to finding out about TCL and EEM scripting. HOwever, i am a novice.

Is it possible to just tell the router NOT to load these scripts on bootup? The script is handling VoIP and other services that is not a part of the setup I am working with. Basically I want to wipe the script out, as I am learning from the bottom up.

I am guessing that somewhere in the bootstrap there is a command that goes to TCL mode and then TCL has a default boot script. However I do not know which one of these .tcl files it is. Can anyone help?

2 Replies 2

harmank78
Level 1
Level 1

Many years later....  You must be a pro, now.  But I am not.  I factory reset a 2900 router for disposal, and I decided to do a show flash:.  I saw two TCL files that have the name of our site.  I don't think they are loading upon boot, but how do you read them to see what they contain?

Thanks!

KH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the complete boot process for us to understand what is loading at boot time?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: