Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN Dual Hub, Dual Cloud Redundancy

telesymbol
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We're implementing DMVPN with Dual Hub and approaching Dual Cloud for bank network with hundreds of branches , please advice on the best practice to implement DMVPN with Dual Hub Dual/Single Cloud with higher redundancy and failover.

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear All,

In my view and my experience, the best solution that give resilience that will enable you to get the best out of DMVPN as one of best network architecture to use for a Banking sector, i will suggest you deploy dual hub dual cloud, meaning that the branch will connect to the two cloud concurrently or active / standby this give room for flexibility and you are sure of network high availability. Dual hub / single cloud is a fantastic and sweet to have, so each of the DMVPN are good and excellent, but you need to know the one that will be suitable for your environment but in your own case, i will advise you use dual hub / dual cloud being a financial intuition, you will love it, it will give you rest of mind and you will get value on the design.

thank you

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you looking Green Field deployment, why not look Cisco SD-WAN deployment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-design-guide.html

here is DMVPN Dual hub connection :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/VPNLoad/VPN_Load/ch8_Dual.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unclear what you're moving from to what you're considering moving to.  Is it dual hubs on single cloud to dual hubs on dual clouds?

If the latter, often very little difference between dual hubs on single cloud vs. dual clouds, other than the dual hubs on dual clouds would generally each be logically separate, although often that's the case when using a single physical cloud too.

Which dual clouds you may further consider whether one is primary and the other secondary for usage, or both to be used equally, but logically, again, often not different when using dual hubs on a single cloud.

Redundancy is better with two different (vendor) clouds, although you may further consider where the local circuits run to each provider's POP.  Getting the latter redundancy can be one of more difficult things to achieve, especially using private clouds.  Often easier when using the Internet as your physical cloud.

Dear All,

In my view and my experience, the best solution that give resilience that will enable you to get the best out of DMVPN as one of best network architecture to use for a Banking sector, i will suggest you deploy dual hub dual cloud, meaning that the branch will connect to the two cloud concurrently or active / standby this give room for flexibility and you are sure of network high availability. Dual hub / single cloud is a fantastic and sweet to have, so each of the DMVPN are good and excellent, but you need to know the one that will be suitable for your environment but in your own case, i will advise you use dual hub / dual cloud being a financial intuition, you will love it, it will give you rest of mind and you will get value on the design.

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco