Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN vrf-lite

darrenriley5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have a DMVPN which connects 3 offices from subsidury A to its network . We have a requirement to connect another subsidury which has its own routing table the same infrastructure but what I would like to do is logically segment subsidury B from subsidury A. I've had a look and it seems vrf-lite would be the most effective solution. If I create a vrf instance for B could A continue to exist in the Global routing table (is the global routing table in effect its own vrf)?   I'm hoping not to have to make changes for A so I would prefer not to have to create a seperate vrf.

The other problem is both A & B use EIGRP AS 100, from my understanding I would therefore need to change B to use a different AS number so this could be associated with the new vrf?

Thanks               

Darren

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Darren,

>> If I create a vrf instance for B could A continue to exist in the Global routing table (is the global routing table in effect its own vrf)?

correct global routing table is one VRF the default one. I think you need to check with feature navigator for support of DMVPN VRF aware

>> The other problem is both A & B use EIGRP AS 100, from my understanding I would therefore need to change B to use a different AS number so this could be associated with the new vrf?

EIGRP PE-CE configuration is performed under router address family configuration mode, in that context you should be free to use a different AS number for the VRF or to re-use the global process-level defined AS number

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card