cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need Data License?

m.turunc
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1941, 2901 ISR routers. I will use 3G backup when primary link (metro ethernet / G.SHDSL) goes down.

Do I have to use Data License (SL-19-DATA-K9 / SL-29-DATA-K9) in order to switch back to 3G when primary link is not reachable) ?

Kind regards,

Mehmet.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you don't.

I can create 2 static routes (2nd one's AD is higher) or I can make a dynamic routing configuration.

But what about IP SLA ?

You can use "Feature Navigator" to see which features are included in an platform, image, or license.

Hi Mehmet,

IP SLA functionality in the BASE feature set is very limited, if I recall, only IP SLA Responder is available in BASE.

If you wanted to do IP SLA Monitoring from the router in any fashion, you will need to purchase the DATA license.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mehmet,

form a technical point of view there are a set of solutions you could apply also with the IP Base license but as personal experience i strongly suggest you to buy the DATA (or whatever you need) license to avoid frustration and technical limitations in expressing your solutions. Furthermore, if any problem occurs you have a very limited set of features to implement to overcome a determined issue.

Unfortunately Cisco systems did not write IP Base image too generously

hope this helps

Alessio

ravisakaria
Level 1
Level 1

I can confirm that a data license (or any license beyond the base) is required for any SLA functionality beyond responder capability. We just ran into this on a 2901 with universal binary. Enabling the trial data license gave us the full sla capability.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

m.turunc
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys.

Have a nice day,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card