cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does virtual OS also use the public IP of outgoing router interface?

webiondev
Level 1
Level 1

Does virtual OS also use the public IP of outgoing router interface? So does this mean the destination network will detect my public IP of the router? How can I make virtual OS have a different public IP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Do you mean the hypvervisor is is i'm quite sure you can run the vms interface in bridged mode so it will use an ip address in the same subnet as the vm host server.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the IP which you allocated belong to Public IP - then outside can also be reachable or it can be in FW nat IP with Private IP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

Do you mean the hypvervisor is is i'm quite sure you can run the vms interface in bridged mode so it will use an ip address in the same subnet as the vm host server.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card