Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Double Tunnel - same source different destinations

I was reading other similar posts (https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10790411/configuring-2-gre-tunnels-same-source-interfaces-and-dest-ip-addresses) and I have a related probem.

I have 3 routers Cisco 891w: A, B and C. I want to take LAN from A to B and C. So I want to create a tunnel between A and B, and another between A and C. So the source port and IP in A is the same. 
I created a tunnel between A and B, with pre-shared key and is working.
However, I dont know which is the best way to implement the tunnel between A and C. The things I tried dont work.
I am using crypto map, so I understand I am encrypting traffic.
I attach the 3 configurations. C Configuration its a bit messy cause I tried different things and tunnel its not working now.
Now there is a tunnel working between A and B, but couldnt make the other tunnel work. The crypto map I am using is the one "L2TPMAP".
Can I use the same GigabitEthernet0 as source in Router A for the two tunnels?
I was trying this using a crypto map with 2 different id´s, and assingnig the crypto map to the GigabitEthernet0 (When trying I was changing the name of the crypto maps to the same name and using different id´s)
Anything not clear in the problem?
Do somebody has an idea to help me solve it?
Thanks!
2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In a private conversation I have talked with Juan about the need for router A to have a single crypto map with two instances, one for B and one for C. We also talked about the problem of using permit ip any any in the crypto access list. I believe that he is now in better shape in his config for the IPsec tunnel part. There is also some L2TPv3 in the config which is not my area of expertise. If anyone has input about that part please speak up.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Richard!

I have an ipsec tunnel working between A and B. I wanted to try this first. However I have an L2TP issue because I need to connect a subnet in a Switch connected with Router A with the same subnet in another Switch connected with router B. I know it could be solve using l2tp-class, pseudowire and xconnect. But I have two questions:

1. Is there any other way to solve this issue?

2. When trying to solve my original problem with routers A, B and C which changes I will have to make to have the 2 tunnels working?

Richard told L2TP is not his expertise area. Can somebody help?

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card