Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am looking for exact solution of my given problems,

1) What is main difference between DS3 and T3,

as both have 45 Mbps ? where we can implement

DS3 and T3, give me practical examples.

2) I have seen many posts where DS3 link has configured on

different different Ports like as on :

---- Interface Fastethernet0/0  (one of our client are using)

---- Interface Serial0/0/.1

---- Interface hssi

is there no any fix standard of DS3 termination over router ?

3) HSSI is serial or ethernet ?

4) What will be the maximum speed supportable for

Serial port ?

KS

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Different names, same thing.

2  Normally, a native DS3/T3 interface. If ethernet or serial, they are using a device like a router or DSU, usually supplied by ISP.

3 Serial

4. 45 Mbps.

View solution in original post

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

T3 and DS3 are almost the same, T3 is when link is used for telecom and DS3 when link is used for data communications.

DS3 would normally use a high speed serial interface.  An Ethernet hand-off would imply some media conversion.

HSSI is serial.

I believe non-HSSI serial interfaces are good up to about 8 (?) Mbps and HSSI interfaces up to about 50 (?) Mbps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Different names, same thing.

2  Normally, a native DS3/T3 interface. If ethernet or serial, they are using a device like a router or DSU, usually supplied by ISP.

3 Serial

4. 45 Mbps.

Thanks for ur reply Mr. Paolo

You're welcome, thank you for the nice rating, and good luck!.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

T3 and DS3 are almost the same, T3 is when link is used for telecom and DS3 when link is used for data communications.

DS3 would normally use a high speed serial interface.  An Ethernet hand-off would imply some media conversion.

HSSI is serial.

I believe non-HSSI serial interfaces are good up to about 8 (?) Mbps and HSSI interfaces up to about 50 (?) Mbps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card