Views
Helpful
Replies

DSU Bandwidth Command on Subrate DS3?

alex_hannah
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a config on a new customers device on a sub rate DS3 ( 30mb Fractional DS3 ) as follows: ( Both commands are applied )

interface Serial 2/0

bandwith 43008

dsu bandwidth 30100

What I am trying to figure out is two fold:

1.  My understanding is that QoS ( MQC ) reads Bandwidth from the traditional "bandwidth xxxx" command correct?  Especially if you are using percentages in your QoS policy-maps correct?

2.  The "dsu bandwidth" command indicates basically the number of timeslots and bandwidth avaialble on the interface per the following configuration guide:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/10000/10008/configuration/guides/line_card__software/10slsubr.pdf

I am looking for a sanity check, in terms of QoS, if the circuit speed is only 30mb then why would I not just use the "Bandwidth 30100" and be done?  If I leave the config as is, the bandwidth for QoS is using 10mb more than actually allocated correct?  Ie, if I say Priority Queue 50 percent, then it's using 20mb not 15mb right? 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Alex

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should configure "bandwidth" same as "dsu bandwith" and go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card