Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual link routing

o.tasaddaq1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 links in my router. One is broadband and getting dynamic IP from service provider. Other link is leased line with public IPs.

As of now, I was using only broadband link and has default route tpwrd dialer interface. Now, i am plannig to use lease line and use public IP. All the servers' traffic should route from lease line with natting.

what is the best approach or best practise? Thanks

7 Replies 7

AllertGen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, .

Are you planing to move from broadband link to leased one or are you planning to use them both at the same time? Or you want to use a lease one as primary and in cases when it breaks use a broadband one?

Best Regards.

Hi allertgen,

thanks for reply,

i want ant to use both links simultaneously. One for Internet and other for intranet (dmvpn).

what should be default route? Broadband internet or lease line?

Default route should point towards the link which you want to use for internet. I think you here you may prefer Broadband.

Route for lease line should be thru route map? I shall use ip policy? Any Cisco configuration guideline?

Hi, o.tasaddaq1.

For this solution you can install a broadband connection as a default gateway (by ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [gw_ip/dialer/interface/etc]) and use PBR for a dmvpn. Create tunnel interface and use as source leased line.

But a VPN traffic could be determinated by router as locally generated traffic. So instead of configuration route map at the interface you would need to use "ip local policy ..." comamnd. But try to use route map at the interface at first.

I couldn't find a guide with example where one link is for internet and second is for a VPN. So you need to use different guids for each technology.

Best Regards.

I need some machines to be accessible from outsdie. so, i will do it natting with static IP provided with lease line.

We do need route for machine who are going out with lease line. Where will we give?

Hi, o.tasaddaq1.

At this case you need to use additional route map at the internal interface. It should be like this: if the packets goes from specific IP to any destination than send it to gateway address at the lease line. Additionaly you can add excludes (deny ip host [IP] [excluded addresses] at the start of the ACL for route map).

I could write you a configuration but it will be better if you try yourself. At this case you can undenstand how it works. But if you will face some problems we can help you with them.

Best Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card