Did you mean: 
cancel

Easy question on frame-relay map and Split Horizon

news2010a
Participant
Participant

If the following is issued on a Cisco router:

frame-relay map ip 10.1.1.1 200

What will be the end result ? (select all that apply)

a) Split horizon is disabled

b) Inverse ARP is disabled

c) Inverse ARP is enabled

d) Split horizon is enabled

I see that answer b) is correct for sure.

However, I am puzzled by a) and d).

Is there any affect in split horizon at all ? In my view, I think that split horizon would remain enabled, and therefore answer d) would be correct as well.

Can someone there confirm whether I am right ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

IMHO, the only correct answer is b). Split horizon is a function of routing protocols and applies when you use multiaccess interfaces. Now, on a FR multiaccess interface you can either create IP to DLCI mappings manually or use inverse-ARP. The fact that you use one or the other has absolutely no impact on split-horizon. The fact remains that the interface is still a multiaccess interface.

Paresh.

PS. Pls do remember to rate posts

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkhatri
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

IMHO, the only correct answer is b). Split horizon is a function of routing protocols and applies when you use multiaccess interfaces. Now, on a FR multiaccess interface you can either create IP to DLCI mappings manually or use inverse-ARP. The fact that you use one or the other has absolutely no impact on split-horizon. The fact remains that the interface is still a multiaccess interface.

Paresh.

PS. Pls do remember to rate posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: