Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp broadcast netowrk type!

mohammedsalih
Level 1
Level 1

hi every one

can i enable eigrp on more than one router with the same subnet  ( broadcast network type )?

when i enable it the link goes up and down?

8 Replies 8

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you give an example. 

You have to use a common subnet between EIGRP neighbors for the adjacency to come up so not sure what you are asking. 

Jon

thanks for replaying ,

i have 4 router they have subnet 192.168.20.1-4/24 , they are connected to same vlan and each router reach to the other one ,

when i enable eigrp on the routers it shows the neighbor comes up , after while goes down and come up again .

stuck in this situation .

Hello @mohammedsalih ,

are these real routers or you are emulating the topology in GNS3 or other tool ?

if in real world you need to check the STP mode you are using on the switchports associated to the VLAN.

if not using spanning-tree portfast and using old PVST mode the adding of a new neighbor can cause an STP recalculation that can cause the current EIGRP neighbors to time out and then to form again the neighboship.

So I would suggest to investigate STP on the LAN switch.

In theory for EIGRP adding a new neighbor does not cause any flapping

Hope to help

Giuseppe

yes sure you can do that but 

no auto summary prevent neighbor flapping.

I agree with Jon that we need more information to be able to understand what the original poster is trying to ask. It would be nice to have the full running config. But at a minimum I believe that we will need the configuration of the interfaces and the configuration of eigrp (from both devices). It would also be helpful to see the output of show cdp neighbor from both devices.

HTH

Rick

Hi,

i have 4 router they have subnet 192.168.20.1-4/24 , they are connected to same vlan and each router reach to the other one ,

when i enable eigrp on the routers it shows the neighbor comes up , after while goes down and come up again .

stuck in this situation .

Hello
What do the eigrp logs show when the eigrp peering is torned down?
Can you post a simple topology diagram , maybe this can assist with providng you with a solution

router eigrp
eigrp-log-neigbour-change

show logging

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

two troubleshooting steps

1- ping 224.0.0.10 <- this must reply form all eigrp neighbor.

ping success 

2-ensure that you not config passive-interface between eigrp peer.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card