cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP routes in active

espmolina
Level 1
Level 1

1. Will it be helpfull to increase the "timers active-time" before EIGRP routes are placed on SIA.

2. If yes, what is an ideal value?

3. The default is 3 mins before routes placed on active are placed on SIA, is this right?

4. Here is my problem, I have some low-speed FR connections that flaps and some dial-in users and is causing havoc to my network. I understand that the presence of an active route in the EIGRP means the network has not converge. Any idea would be very much appreciated.

John

2 Replies 2

Hello John,

which routes are SIA ? Normally, the SIAs should only occur for the routes from the dialup clients, which would actually be expected behaviour.

For the low-speed FR connections, make sure that you have the correct ´bandwidth´ statement configured on the interface, reflecting the actual bandwidth provided, otherwise EIGRP might have problems pacing the EIGRP packets.

Regards,

GP

The dial-up users are on SIA. My analysis is that the I never get response to queries sent over the FR that is the reason why the dial-up networks goes SIA.

I have some ideas on how to curtail the queries. Your ideas will very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card