cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP - unwanted routes

amarula115
Level 1
Level 1

I have Telco MPLS CE router connected to my C4506 (L3) interface. I can see on my C4506 many unwanted routes distributed by Telco through this interface. Most of them are public IP addresses (they use them for loopbacks IPs). To avoid any routing problems in the future I want to stop distributing these IP addresses to my network. I built "access-liststandard DENY_TELCO_LOOPBACK" and then I applied this list under EIGRP using "distribute-list DENY_TELCO_LOOPBACK in".

It didn't stopped these routes from being distrubuted at all. What wrong I am doing? Is there any better way of doing this?

19 Replies 19

Zbigniew

There is a slight difference in syntax when the distribute list will be using a prefix list instead of a more normal access list. I suggest that you change this:

distribute-list RM-FILTER-TELUS-LOOPS in GigabitEthernet6/32

to this:

distribute-list prefix RM-FILTER-TELUS-LOOPS in GigabitEthernet6/32

try it and let us know if it works better.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick, Zbigniew

to reference the route-map you need

distribute-list route-map rm-filter-telco-loops in gi6/32

the route-map keyword has to be specified or the router will look for a named ACL with name rm-filter-telco-loops that of course does not exist and no route filtering action occurs

I'm sorry I didn't see this before

ge 32 means only prefixes with len >= 32 that is not what you want keep le 32 that will match whatover prefix len /29, /30, /27 within the IP address block

OR if the distribute-list supports refers directly to the prefix-list as Rick has suggested

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you very much for your help. It works. I didn't finish configuration yet because we have a "freeze" on network changes but I filtered one route and it works.

Thank you Rick for help. It works.

Zbigniew

I am glad that our responses helped you solve your problem. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your problem was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that they will read responses which did lead to a solution.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card