Views
Helpful
Replies

Erasing configurations on Cisco 7200 VXR

dragoon034
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I was recently given a Cisco 7200 VXR and told to erase the stored configurations in it. I googled for guides and none was really helpful. I'm hoping that maybe someone can advice me on how to do erasing of Cisco 7200 stored config else I might have to delete them line by line.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

shehinpm1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ang,

pls try "erase startup-config" and reload the router.

pls rate if helpfull,

shehin.pm

Thx. Shall try and let u know =))Will this affect the IOS??

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

Ang Chin Siong wrote:

Thx. Shall try and let u know =))Will this affect the IOS??

No.

Hi Ang,

As joseph stated, Nothing to worry,its very simple thing.when you apply this CMD,u r erasing the config from the NVRAM,everytime router boot it will load the configuration from the NVRAM.

pls rate if helpfull

shehin.pm

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card