Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet standard

How long does 10BaseFX & 100BaseFX can transmits data?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aniketdey9804@gmail.com wrote:

I do not believe 10BaseFX actually exist. 

100BaseFX will depend entirely on what optics is used.  The complete list, including distance, can be found in the Data Sheet.

View solution in original post

Hello,

on a side note, according to the below extract from Wikipedia,10BaseFX actually DOES seemto exist. I had never heard of it either...

"10BASE-F, or sometimes 10BASE-FX, is a generic term for the family of 10 Mbit/s Ethernet standards using fiber optic cable. In 10BASE-F, the 10 represents a maximum throughput of 10 Mbit/s, BASE indicates its use of baseband transmission, and F indicates that it relies on medium of fiber-optic cable. The technical standard requires two strands of 62.5/125 µm multimode fiber. One strand is used for data transmission while the other is used for reception, making 10BASE-F a full-duplex technology. There a three different variants of 10BASE-F: 10BASE-FL, 10BASE-FB and 10BASE-FP. Of these only 10BASE-FL experienced widespread use.[1] With the introduction later standards 10 Mbit/s technology has been largely replaced by faster Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and 100 Gigabit Ethernet standards."

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aniketdey9804@gmail.com wrote:

I do not believe 10BaseFX actually exist. 

100BaseFX will depend entirely on what optics is used.  The complete list, including distance, can be found in the Data Sheet.

Thanks sir,i understood

Hello,

on a side note, according to the below extract from Wikipedia,10BaseFX actually DOES seemto exist. I had never heard of it either...

"10BASE-F, or sometimes 10BASE-FX, is a generic term for the family of 10 Mbit/s Ethernet standards using fiber optic cable. In 10BASE-F, the 10 represents a maximum throughput of 10 Mbit/s, BASE indicates its use of baseband transmission, and F indicates that it relies on medium of fiber-optic cable. The technical standard requires two strands of 62.5/125 µm multimode fiber. One strand is used for data transmission while the other is used for reception, making 10BASE-F a full-duplex technology. There a three different variants of 10BASE-F: 10BASE-FL, 10BASE-FB and 10BASE-FP. Of these only 10BASE-FL experienced widespread use.[1] With the introduction later standards 10 Mbit/s technology has been largely replaced by faster Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and 100 Gigabit Ethernet standards."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: