Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending Cisco Support for IOS 12.2

davidcrawley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a very large estate of Cisco kit (routers, switches, VPN etc) and I'm wondering if its possible to buy extended support for IOS 12.2. The current versions are in contravention of policy and there is a project in place to replace/upgrade however this is a large undertaking and will take some time so I'm looking for some coverage in the short bterm.

Thanks,

Dave.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We need to entire track number to answer your question.

12.2 can be matched to a number of tracks some which are under support for a long foreseeable future.

Once an product has been deemed as EOL, extended support can't be purchased.

View solution in original post

The best I can give you w/o you providing additional information is the EOL database:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/tsd_products_support_end-of-sale_and_end-of-life_products_list.html

In general 12.2 Mainline in routers, it's no longer supportedfor quite some time

In switches, you need to pick the platform first and then you can determine if the 12.2 line for each respective platform is deemed to be EOL or not.

Glad to be of help and make sure to rate helpful posts.

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We need to entire track number to answer your question.

12.2 can be matched to a number of tracks some which are under support for a long foreseeable future.

Once an product has been deemed as EOL, extended support can't be purchased.

I don'thave the specific 12.2 versions, do you have a link that shows which variants/tracks are supported ?.

Thanks

Dave.

The best I can give you w/o you providing additional information is the EOL database:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/tsd_products_support_end-of-sale_and_end-of-life_products_list.html

In general 12.2 Mainline in routers, it's no longer supportedfor quite some time

In switches, you need to pick the platform first and then you can determine if the 12.2 line for each respective platform is deemed to be EOL or not.

Thanks a million, seams like we'll have to kick off some sort of tool (perhaps a vulnerability assessment tool will give enough detail) to colate all the kit and version numbers and go through one by one to establish what is supported and what is not. The estate is global and very large so should be fun

Cheers for the response and the pointer.

Dave.

Glad to be of help and make sure to rate helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card