cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting a DS-3 online with 3945 and NM-1T3/E3

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring my DS-3 and can't seem to get it to come online. My SP is telling me the circuit is online and ready to go.

When I do a sh controllers T3 here is what see:

T3 1/0 is down

Applique type is Subrate T3

Transmitter is sending remote alarm

Receiver is getting AIS

MDL transmission is disabled

FEAC code received: No code is being received

Framing is C-BIT, Line code is B3ZS, clock source is internal.

My config is set to the following on both sides.

Card type t3 1

Controller T3 1/0

cablelength 10

Interface serial1/0

bandwidth 44210

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

no keepalive

dsu dandwidth 44210

The ip address on the other end is 192.168.1.2

Any help on what I am missing would be appreciated.

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

40Meg seems OK (if not matching 44) but 20Meg does not look right. I bet you are doing one test (Tx/Rx) at a time.How you are testing? Did you check from end points if there is any bottlnecks?

Thx

MS

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

It appears that config mismatch. Try this...

--> enable keepalive

->

inter ser 1/0

dsu  mode 1

!

You can disable CDP at later time (on the interface).

Thx

MS

Did the keepalive and set the dsu mode to 1 and still nothng. Thanks for the information.

Dan

Hi Dan,

T3 controller is down and showing AIS, which most likley is coming from upstream devices. Is this a dedicated circuit, if so is the remote router up/connected properly?

Regards.

Intreresting. Try to change the clock source to line. Nothing works, then you need to try loopback tests from your end and

then involve the carrier to send a loop to your location.

Thx

MS

I had our SP loop both side and it would only bring up one side and the both, so we have opened a ticket with the last mile carrier to see if they have any issues.

Thanks for the information. I will update once I figure out what it going on with our carriers.

Dan

Sounds good. Sometimes it may be a simple cross connect or loose jumper at LEC CO. In the mean time if you want to make sure hw is good.. try to loop the card with coax cable. it should bring up the interface. If you have extended demarc test upto your last point.

Thx

MS

I did a hard loop with coax and the contoller came up, so I am guessing it is a down stream issue.

Thanks,

Dan

We finally got the line up after 2 days of the SP saying ready. I would then test and find more problems. Anyway it is finally working, to a point. Does anyone know why it would seem the line is running like an async line? I am waiting to hear from the SP, but figured I would see what other thought. When I did a test I got 40meg/20meg.

40Meg seems OK (if not matching 44) but 20Meg does not look right. I bet you are doing one test (Tx/Rx) at a time.How you are testing? Did you check from end points if there is any bottlnecks?

Thx

MS

Ran the test via DSL reports. My line is from here to another 3945 to firewall and out to the net via a 100 Meg burstable. I do have an iPrism but it should be a 1 Gig through put. The SP is suppose to be calling me for some testing.

Just to update. Looks like it is the SSM module in our ASA. When I shut them down I get 41 down and 35 up, and they are inline I get 41 down and 20 up. I guess I have to track this one down now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card