cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone know how to make password recovery for 2900 series routers?

esinyener
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do password recovery for a 2911 router. But ı can't find any documentation about it. I can be able to login at the first login, unfortunately ı logged out without changing the password. Now I can not log in and I can not open rommon with the ctrl+break key sequence. ( or any other recommended one)

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please send the full rommon console log at boot.

Thanks for the reply but i have solved the problem in the meanwhile.

Actually i was expecting to see the rommon prompt as in 2800 series. A 2800 router is directly prompting the rommon just after "Readonly ROMMON initialized" sentence is shown. However in 2900 series router you should wait till it finishes decompression of the image file.

Thanks @esinyener

The Procedure its different from the others routers, bacause no wait to load or decompres the IOS to send you to ROMMON,

Thanks Again.

Regards

Norman Santana.

The FASTEST way for a 2900 router to go into ROMmon is to power down the router, eject all the CF and power the router back on.

hello sir i got the same problem with you can you send me the solution plzz

Here are the procedures I've used to perform a password recover on 2900 series routers to include the 2911. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_password_recovery09186a0080b34901.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card