cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP please, How to connect two WANs both with public IPs (internet routable) to one router?

osahononline
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a situation at my branch, were there is a branch router (Cisco 2951), and some switches (Cisco 2960 24p), one internet link and one intranet link.

The intranet link which is new, uses a public-routable IP address. So we have two WAN connections coming to the router both having public IPs. Now previously we had two WAN connections to the same router but one had a private IP address so this one didn't require NAT. In that case we had NAT only on the interface having internet access.

However, now we have to have dynamic NAT on both interfaces at the same time but this doesn't work! The router selects only one of the interfaces with NAT and ignores the other.

Please, what can I do?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are several things about your environment that I do not know which might be involved in a comprehensive answer. But the main focus of your question seems to be about doing NAT on two interfaces. The traditional answer about doing NAT on 2 interfaces is that you use route maps in the configuration of NAT and not just the simple access list that is frequently used. In the route map you have two match statements (one matches the access list to identify traffic and the other matches the interface) and no set statement. The configuration might look something like this

ip nat inside source route-map ISP1-map interface FastEth0/0 overload
ip nat inside source route-map ISP2-map interface FastEth0/1 overload

route-map ISP1-map permit 10

match ip address NAT_ACL

match interface FastEth0/0

route-map ISP2-map permit 10

match ip address NAT_ACL

match interface FastEth0/1

hwere NAT_ACL is the access list that selects the traffic to translate.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you very much, I'll try this and get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card