Views
Helpful
Replies

Help to buy the right matérial

plavielle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I need help to know what to buy. I want a material that can permit me to make intervlan routing at media speed. For now i have simple architecture with SG250 and 350 switch and most of the matérial on the same subnet. I can achieve intervlan routing but not at full speed. Or, if i want full speed i loose the use of non-L3 port (L2 port not usable).

So my question is do 350 business switch like CBS350-16T-2G-EU, can permit me to declare some interface at L3 level and let me unused port as L2 to connect computers.

Thanks for your response and your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As an aside, according to the datasheets for the SG250, CBS250 and CBS350, all offer full media-speed on all port, concurrently.

The CBS350 support dynamic routing,  The SG250 and CBS250 supported limited static routing.  All claim they also do L3 at full media-speed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Personally I would prefer separating , access needs (layer 2 switches) versus routers , here is a generic overview :
                           https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/small-business/selector-tool.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From this and your other posting, I wonder exactly what you're doing, when you're having media speed transfer problems.  Most L2/L3 (this century's) switches usually can do media speed on, at least, a subset of their ports, concurrently.

@plavielle wrote:

So my question is do 350 business switch like CBS350-16T-2G-EU, can permit me to declare some interface at L3 level and let me unused port as L2 to connect computers.

Likely, yes.

What's the specific SG250 model and the specific IOS running on both the SG250 and SG350?

Could describe your topology?

[edit]

BTW, are you aware there are, on this site, SMB forums (more oriented for the SG250 and CBS350)?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-support-community/ct-p/5541-small-business-support

As an aside, according to the datasheets for the SG250, CBS250 and CBS350, all offer full media-speed on all port, concurrently.

The CBS350 support dynamic routing,  The SG250 and CBS250 supported limited static routing.  All claim they also do L3 at full media-speed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card