cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I assign a port to multiple VLANs on WS-CE500?

I am trying to configure an old but still kicking WS-CE500-24T. I am trying to do what I usually do when I an setting up a new site, ie defining VLANs and assigning ports them. I went through all the pages in the web interface but could do it. Yes, I can assign a default VLAN to each port, but just that! There is no way of assigning tagged VLANs. Now I wonder: Is that even possible with this switch? Could Cisco have done such a thing?

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes." King Arthur
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes looks like Trunk port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Thank you very much. That guide is indeed helpful.

So according to the information below, at least theoretically, if I designate a port as a "Switch Port", it will be a member of all VLANs defined on the switch and carry all frames, right?

Untitled.png

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes." King Arthur

yes looks like Trunk port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card