cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to identify it's GD version

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

trying to understand the general deployment IOS. Here is the one example I got from download center saying it is GD c2600-is-mz.123-20.bin . My question is how I can idenity whether it's a GD if i just see the IOS version? Thanks

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not anything in the file name of the IOS that indicates whether it is GD or not. If you only see the IOS version there is not anything that would tell you whether it is GD. You would need to correlate the name or version with information from the download center (or other similar Cisco source) to know whether it is GD or not.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot identify whether a version of code is GD or not by just looking at the image file name.

In your case, you are running 12.3(20) which is a General Deployment Code. Any version of code that is 12.3(18) or higher in 12.3 Mainine is a GD Version. Please refer the below URLs for details:

General Deployment Announcement for Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/prod_bulletin0900aecd80461ccb.html

Cisco IOS Software Releases

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/products_ios_cisco_ios_software_releases.html

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Thanks very much guys.

What is best way to find whether the images are GD or not. Is there a link that I can use and enter the image version?

Thanks

I dont know of any tool where you can enter the image filename and it will tell you whether its a GD Version or not.

The best place is to look for whether a version is GD or not is the software download center. Before you download you can see whether the version you are about to load is ED, LD or GD Version.

You can also refer the IOS Software Releases document for GD Versions.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card