cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOW to ratelimit upload bandwidth ?!?! Please.. Why is it so HARD!!

joshhboss
Level 1
Level 1

At least with srr-queue i can sort of do something to manage speeds.. but with upload.. acl.. access group.. policy .. police... jesus.. i can not find one guide that actually works from beginning to end.. im desparate to be able to do this.. im trying to learn this on an older cisco 8 port 3560.. but i would love to be able to do this on any of the catalyst models.. 

please...!!!

5 Replies 5

Captain HoOmi
Level 1
Level 1

I'd say you can use QoS traffic policing , just define an ACL matching the traffic you want to limit upload, then match it to the outgoing traffic of the interface and limit it to whatever bandwidth you want using traffic policing and NOT shaping.

** Please rate this post or accept the solution if it helped! :) **

i have tried to follow so many guides on this.. and on all i get to where i would need to match access group and then put the name of the access list that was created.. and it is an unrecognized command.. id pay money to have someone post a command by command guide on how to do this.. 

please.. 

Hello,

on a side note, QoS is very much platform specific, there is no such thing as a comprehensive guide that covers all switches. Each platform has specific ASICs, and they all have their limitations and possibilities.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, on which switch (and which IOS) ?

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I hope this will help you!

http://gregsowell.com/?p=3690

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

something like,

policy-map 30Mb-Policer
class class-default
police 30000000 100000 exceed-action drop

inter gi0/1
service-policy input 30Mb-Policer
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card