Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show cpu usage from a single Core on Catalyst switch

Robert.Sobottka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

like i wrote in the title my question is as follows, is there a way to look at the cpu usage from a single cpu core?

I know that i can look at the proccesses with "sh proc cpu" and that there is a additional graph if i type "sh proc cpu history", but that just shows me the complete cpu and not a single core from that cpu.

It would be helpful to know how i can do this on a Catalyst 6500.

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Try:

sh proc cpu detailed

Will give you a breakdown of per-core loads on the route-processor. In the process the table, you will notice the third column 'C', I believe this denotes which core the process is running on.

cheers,

Seb.

Hi,

Thanks for your Answer. I tested it on my c6500 with the supervisor engine 2T, it seems like this command dosen't exist on this one.

2019-08-20 11_03_06-COM4 - PuTTY.png

the version I'm running on is the 15.2(1).  Do i have to use a newer version?

Thanks,

Robert 

I checked the command on both IOS and IOS-XE, not sure why it isn't present on the 6500. I don't have one to hand to look at.

According to the command guide it should be supported:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fundamentals/command/cf_command_ref/show_monitor_permit_list_through_show_process_memory.html#wp1738485567

cheers,

Seb.

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I looked through this Dokument and you're right, it should work. But for some reason it's not showing up for me.

Thanks,
Robert
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card