Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show cpu usage from a single Core on Catalyst switch

Robert.Sobottka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

like i wrote in the title my question is as follows, is there a way to look at the cpu usage from a single cpu core?

I know that i can look at the proccesses with "sh proc cpu" and that there is a additional graph if i type "sh proc cpu history", but that just shows me the complete cpu and not a single core from that cpu.

It would be helpful to know how i can do this on a Catalyst 6500.

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Try:

sh proc cpu detailed

Will give you a breakdown of per-core loads on the route-processor. In the process the table, you will notice the third column 'C', I believe this denotes which core the process is running on.

cheers,

Seb.

Hi,

Thanks for your Answer. I tested it on my c6500 with the supervisor engine 2T, it seems like this command dosen't exist on this one.

2019-08-20 11_03_06-COM4 - PuTTY.png

the version I'm running on is the 15.2(1).  Do i have to use a newer version?

Thanks,

Robert 

I checked the command on both IOS and IOS-XE, not sure why it isn't present on the 6500. I don't have one to hand to look at.

According to the command guide it should be supported:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fundamentals/command/cf_command_ref/show_monitor_permit_list_through_show_process_memory.html#wp1738485567

cheers,

Seb.

Hi,
Thanks for your help. I looked through this Dokument and you're right, it should work. But for some reason it's not showing up for me.

Thanks,
Robert
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card