cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show IP source and destination of packets on a router?

KGrev
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

At&t uses many of our field routers to pass their Tower data through. They are complaining of one site having high packet loss.

I'm trying to troubleshoot this for them but I'm lacking the expertise needed. They sent a list of endpoints that their router may be having trouble talking to. One of the issues for me is that we dont share a routed interface. Instead I have an interface to them that has a service instance on it. I then have a port to the next hop that continues to share that service instance.

I would like to see if my router has knowlege of the source and destination ip's in that service instance and show a history of usage if I can do that

thank you.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

packet capture.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji, Thank you for your advice. Question, I setup netflow on the ports going to the At&t router and the ports going to the next hop from my router. I am not able to see these ip's they are saying are having issues. It this because I do not have a layer 3 interface between us and am only tranfering their packets via service instance?

Thank you for your time

Not sure what is the device model and IOS coder running, do you have sample config

netflow do support some layer 2 features (not sure that can get what you looking)

Other option i can think of  span the port and capture ?

BB

Balaji,

Its a Cisco asr901on 156.2 SP8

I currently cannot upload a config for it sorry.

I am only able to local span an interface, not ERSPAN if thats what you meant. I would need to drive out to it and connect to it directly I presume for local span wireshark capture.

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

there is a debug command:

debug ethernet service all

but I am not sure what data you get out of it...

Paul,

Would you happen to know if this is one of the commands you can run on a production router with it putting a huge strain on the device?

Thank you.

if that is the best approach I see as a safe, rather put a load on the device causing some outage on the system.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card