cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP limitations with lan base

Gustav92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a 3560x switch (ws-c3560x-24ts-l) with lan base license and I want to implement HSRP with it. The feature is supported despite the license level being lan base, but I guess it should have some sort of limitations like a small number of standby groups supported at the same time or something. I can't find anything in this regard so I was wondering is anyone knows or has implemented HSRP with this particular switch and license level. Thank you

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_53_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swintro.html

The switch supports one of these feature sets:

• LAN base feature set, which provides basic Layer 2+ features, including access control lists (ACLs) and quality of service (QoS).
  • IP base feature set, which provides Layer 2+ and basic Layer 3 features (enterprise-class intelligent services). These features include access ACLs, QoS, static routing, EIGRP stub routing, PIM stub routing, the Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), Routing Information Protocol (RIP), and basic IPv6 management.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I don't think there is a difference in the number of HSRP groups supported. The only difference is that LAN Base does not support HSRPv6.

Have a look at the image attached.

Hello

HSRP group limitation will stem from version you run:
HSRPv1 - 256 groups
HSRPv2 & 6- 4096 groups

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally i avoid HSRPv1 where possible.

BB

Hello @balaji.bandi 

Yeah but how many networks out there still use it though!

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure. i have seen some network organically grown no time to replace HSRPv1 and RIP config in network. as long as it running they do not want to touch or like our advise to move to the best..hence made that silly comment.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card