Views
Helpful
Replies

I Want Technical Experts Help...

balagkkl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing issues while configuring my cisco router, could you please help me in troubleshooting the issue, i am new in with cisco routers as per my knowledge i have configured it but i am sure that i am missing something.

The problem i am facing is that i have got 6 ip address from our provider for Leased line, i have a webserver, exchange server, i have configured the NAT but it does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Bala

2 Replies 2

Hi Bala.

Your configuration dont looks like right.

For example, the ip access lists RDP and VPN, x.x.x.x. I suppose these x are not the isp address. These x.x.x.x should not be included in your pool, and should be routeable through your isp. Also, this access lists only allow traffic to a single host address x.x.x.x. Im not sure if this is what you want to do.

If the use of this access list is permit everything to outside world, you should delete the host x.x.x.x and put 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0.

The .11 and .12 nat entries should work, but only for port 25. Problem, the .11 and .12 servers will never originate traffic from its port 25, so for outgoing smtp connections will have to use the ip address pool and nat configuration. This will work only for incoming smtp connections to port 25. This way, from outside to inside you will have to use the x.x.x.x address, but from inside to outside your smtp servers will have other ip address from the pool. This may not be right if your smtp address is in a access list elsewhere.

So, what you want to do and what your configuration does are different things. Neither are clear.

Br

Alex.

Hi, balamurali,

Make a list of the objective you are trying to achieve and do reply. I will try to send you a config.

Rustom Billimoria

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card